Monday, July 7, 2008

You Can't Be Serious?




After waiting for three hours on Sunday night in urgent care at Children's and after the nurse told me that my son's toe was infected (notice the red creeping up his leg) the good doctor (ur, resident) came in and told me that it wasn't indeed infected but it was a callous. "Your joking, right? Not infected. Umm, that is not what the nurse said," I exclaimed. "What is this red inflammation creeping up his leg," I asked. "Well the callous might be sore," the good doctor said. Right!!!

So I asked for antibiotics just in case it got worse. She reluctantly gave them to me. Last night, (Monday) he started to run a fever and was very quiet and didn't want to move. Thank God for my cousin-in-law who is a paramedic who came over and lanced it and drained it. We started him on the antibiotic and today (Tuesday) it looks a little better. At least it is not worse.

I took the pictures as we will follow up with his wonderful pediatrician on Friday. I plan to show him these pictures. I know medicine is a "practice" but come on. What if I took her word for it and moved on and didn't keep an eye on it? What if my cousin wasn't able to help? It is just so frustrating and truly what do I have to complain about. That is minor, trivial, compared to what many families are facing right now.

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Ummm OUCH!!! How did that happen?!

May 2008

May 2008
We're the best of friends